Dear Student in Year 10
Re: Contact of confirmed case of COVID-19 in Ysgol Clywedog
NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect trace everyone who have been potentially been in contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
You have been identified as a contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19 and will now need to self-isolate for 10 days from 20th April 2021. By identifying contacts and asking them to self-isolate for 10 days, we will reduce the possible spread of COVID-19 from those contacts to their family, friends and the wider community. The last day of isolation is 30th April 2021.
Self-isolation advice requires you to stay at home, not to go outdoors to exercise, to visit shops, family or friends, or to other public spaces. Please do not invite people to your house. Further information on self-isolation can be found in the link at the bottom of this letter.
If you remain well then the other members of your household do not need to isolate and can continue with their normal activities. If you are still well at the end of the 10-day period of self-isolation, you can return to your usual activities.
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 spreading, there are things that everyone in your family can do to help. These include:
- washing hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- using hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- washing hands as soon as they get home
- covering their mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve (not their hands) when they cough or sneeze
- putting used tissues in the bin immediately and washing hands afterwards
Please be alert for symptoms of COVID-19, which are:
- A new or continuous cough
- A high temperature
- A loss of or change to sense of smell or taste
If you develop any of these symptoms, even if they are mild:
- Inform the Test, Trace and Protect (TTP) team who will be in daily contact with you
- If advised by TTP, book a test by phoning 119 or through the online portal: https://www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test
- Inform the school that you are unwell with COVID-19 symptoms and that you have requested a test
- Continue to self-isolate
- Whilst the test result is awaited, all household members should self-isolate for 14 days from when you developed symptoms
- Do not visit a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital but if you require medical advice please contact NHS 111 or telephone your GP; if there is a medical emergency phone 999
- If you require medical advice for COVID-19 symptoms or another reason, please inform the healthcare worker that you are a contact of a case of COVID-19 and in self-isolation
- Please follow the advice provided when you receive your test result
Further formation on Test, Trace, Protect can be found here https://gov.wales/test-trace-protect-coronavirus
Further information on symptoms and self-isolation can be found here https://gov.wales/symptoms-and-self-isolation-contact-tracing
For general information on COVID-19 https://gov.wales/protect-yourself-others-coronavirus
The COVID-19 online symptom checker can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do https://gov.wales/check-if-you-need-coronavirus-medical-help
With best wishes,
Issued under the instruction of: Matt Vickery
On behalf of Public Health Wales Health Protection Team