Ysgol Clywedog is in receipt of the above grant to the total value of £147,200 and has/is planning on spending in the following manner, as agreed by the Welsh Assembly:-
• Support for students at risk of exclusion with additional provision on site.
• Support for students at risk of not attending school with additional provision on site.
• Employment of a teaching assistant to work closely with targeted groups on attendance, punctuality and revision skills. To have an impact on pupil learning and attendance;
• Trips that are available for all but FSM pupils to be supported;
• Support for new uniform costs;
• Motivational speakers to talk to pupils during whole-school PSE days;
• Additional rewards linked to attendance for FSM pupils;
• Pupils being entered for additional qualifications in line with modernised curriculum;
• MPCT course for FSM KS4 students to narrow the FSM gap and maintain lower exclusions, including supply costs for teacher to accompany;
• Pre-examination breakfasts for Year 11 pupils.
If anyone wishes to know about any of the above, please contact school on 01978 346800.